Chicago – Cook County Assessor Fritz Kaegi reminds property owners that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Illinois legislature is allowing the Assessor’s Office to automatically renew many property tax exemptions for tax year 2020. The following exemptions will automatically renew this year, for homeowners who received them last year for tax year 2019 and who remained eligible in 2020:
• Homeowner Exemption (annual auto-renewal)
• Senior Exemption (annual auto-renewal)
• Senior Freeze Exemption (2020 auto-renewal)
• Persons with Disabilities Exemption (2020 auto-renewal)
• Veterans with Disabilities Exemption (2020 auto-renewal)
Learn more from https://www.cookcountyassessor.com/news/assessor-kaegi-reminds-property-owners-many-exemptions-will-auto-renew-year-due-covid-19.